Remember, buying a home is a major milestone. Whether it’s your first, second or tenth home, there are many important details to address during the process. Understanding complex issues, terminologies and completing a lot of paperwork can be overwhelming. It helps to have an expert in your corner when undertaking such a large purchase. Buying with a REALTOR can guide you through this process, and also provide you with valuable information from market analysis, drafting a purchase offer, negotiating the terms of the offer to financing, building inspectors and utility companies.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing your real estate professional:
- Look for full-time agent – one who has experience completing transactions similar to yours.
- Interview a few agents: Are they familiar with the area in which you are interested?
- Ask how much time the agent will have for you, and if they available at night and on weekends.
- Ask about their credentials and education: A good agent will continually strive to improve and gain knowledge of the latest real estate trends and hold the highest designations in their respective fields of expertise.
- Does the agent return your calls promptly? Customer service is important and time is money when attempting to buy a property.
- Ask for a list of properties they have sold or a list of references.
- Choose an agent who listens attentively to your needs and concerns. Pick an agent with whom you feel comfortable.